South Point Poker Room
South Point is a locals casino on Las Vegas Blvd south of the Strip. It is one of the largest poker rooms in town. South Point hosts 30 poker tables in its newly remodeled room. It is open 24 hours a day.
The poker room at South Point offers mostly no limit Texas Hold’em. You will also find some fixed limit Hold’em action here. Pot limit Omaha and mixed games run on occasion.
There is a large tournament schedule at the South Point poker room. All multi table tournaments have a guaranteed prize pool. South Point seats eight players per table.
South Point poker cash games
There is always a cash game running at the 24-hour South Point poker room. Like most Las Vegas casinos, no limit Hold’em is the game of choice. The typical limits are 1/2, 2/3 and 3/5. The minimum buy-in minimum is 100 times the small blind.
The most popular fixed limit is 4/8, though you may find a 3/6 or 6/12 game. A pot limit Omaha, mixed or stud game may pop up when there are enough players.
South Point poker tournaments
There are four daily poker tournaments at South Point. All are no limit Texas Hold’em except for an Omaha hi/lo event twice a week. Each has a guaranteed prize pool. Here is the schedule:
- 10am (except Saturday) and 10pm daily: $60 no limit Texas Hold’em with a $4,000 (10am) and $2,000 (10pm) guarantee. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 2pm except Tuesday and Thursday: $60 no limit Texas Hold’em tournament with a $2,000 guarantee. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 2pm on Tuesday and Thursday: $60 fixed limit Omaha hi/lo with $2,000 guaranteed. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 6pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: $60 no limit Texas Hold’em tournament with $4,000 guaranteed. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 6pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and 10am Saturday: $130 no limit Texas Hold’em deep stack with a $15,000 guarantee.
South Point poker promotions
There are many promotions at South Point. There are hourly freerolls and weekend hot seat and high hand promotions.
There is a $100 payout for quads, $250 for straight flushes and $599 for royal flushes. Players must use both hole cards in any South Point poker promotion. Four of a kind bonuses require a pocket pair.
Fully loaded flush hits when a player makes a seven-card flush in Texas Hold’em. It resets to $1,000 and goes up $500 each week until the suit is hit. This promotion is offered on Fridays.
Hot Card Daze is offered on Tuesdays and Thursday. A card is chosen each day. If you flop a set of that card, you win $100. Flopping a full house is worth $400, while making one by the river is worth $200. Quads of the card of the day pay $500 if made by the end of the hand and $1,000 if flopped. There are also three separate bad beat jackpots.
A $2 jackpot drop is used to fund these promotions. The first dollar is dropped at $10. The second is taken at $50.
The poker room at South Point was remodeled in 2020. It expanded to 30 tables and offers new seating that adds to the player’s comfort. The crowd is mostly locals with a few tourists visiting. The massive race and sports book is just a few steps away from the poker room. The dealers and floor people are experienced and help ensure the games run efficiently.
South Point poker rake
The rake at the South Point poker room is $1 each at $10, $30 and $50. There is also a promotional drop of up to $2. The first dollar is taken at $10. The second is dropped at $50.
South Point poker FAQ
Is the South Point poker room open 24 hours a day?
Yes. There is always a game there.
What poker games are spread at South Point?
The main game is no limit Texas Hold’em. Players will usually find fixed limit Hold’em. Pot limit Omaha and mixed games are available when demand exists.
How many seats are at South Point poker tables?
Each table seats up to eight players.
Does the South Point poker room spread tournaments?
Yes. There are four daily tournaments.
Are there any Omaha tournaments at South Point?
Yes. There is a $60 Omaha hi/lo tournament on Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm.
Updated: July 2, 2021