South Point Poker Room
South Point is a locals casino on Las Vegas Blvd south of the Strip. It is one of the largest poker rooms in town. South Point hosts 30 poker tables in its newly remodeled room. It is one of the few Las Vegas poker rooms open 24 hours a day.
The poker room at South Point offers mostly no limit Texas Hold’em. You will also find some fixed limit Hold’em action here. Pot limit Omaha and mixed games run on occasion.
There is a large tournament schedule at the South Point poker room. All multi table tournaments have a guaranteed prize pool.
South Point seats eight players per table. It was the first poker room to get approved for that many seats when it reopened on June 4. It installed plexiglass and raised the number of seats per table to eight on August 5.
South Point poker room cash games
There is always a cash game running at the 24-hour South Point poker room. Like most Las Vegas casinos, no limit Hold’em is the game of choice. The typical limits are 1/2, 2/3 and 3/5. The minimum buy-in minimum is 100 times the small blind.
The most popular fixed limit is 4/8, though you may find a 3/6 or 6/12 game. A pot limit Omaha or mixed game may pop up when there are enough players.
South Point poker tournaments
There are four daily poker tournaments at South Point. All are no limit Texas Hold’em except for an Omaha hi/lo event twice a week. Each has a guaranteed prize pool. Here is the schedule:
- 10am and 10pm daily: $60 no limit Texas Hold’em with a $3,000 (10am) and $1,500 (10pm) guarantee. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 2pm except Tuesday and Thursday: $60 no limit Texas Hold’em tournament with a $1,500 guarantee. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 2pm on Tuesday and Thursday: $60 fixed limit Omaha hi/lo with $1,500 guaranteed. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 6pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: $60 no limit Texas Hold’em tournament with $3,000 guaranteed. The prize pool receives $45 with $7 to the house, $6 to staff and $2 to the promotion fund.
- 6pm on Monday and Friday: $130 no limit Texas Hold’em deep stack with a $10,000 guarantee.
- 6pm on Wednesday and Sunday: $130 no limit Texas Hold’em deep stack with a $15,000 guarantee.
South Point poker promotions
There are many promotions at South Point. There is a poker rate for giving four hours of action in a day.
There is a $100 payout for quads, $250 for straight flushes and $599 for royal flushes.
There are three bad beat jackpots. The small is a player losing aces full with a pocket pair of aces or quads twos or three. This pays $599 to the winner, $300 to the loser and $100 each to other players at the table. The other bad beat jackpots are 40% to loser and table share and 20% to the winner. One pool involves losing quad fours to aces. The other is when a straight flush loses. These are progressive jackpots that start at $20,000 and $50,000, respectively.
Players must use both hole cards in any South Point poker promotion. Four of a kind bonuses require a pocket pair.
A $2 jackpot drop is used to fund these promotions. The first dollar is dropped at $10. The second is taken at $50.
The poker room at South Point was remodeled in 2020. It expanded to 30 tables and offers new seating that adds to the player’s comfort. The crowd is mostly locals with a few tourists visiting. The massive race and sports book is just a few steps away from the poker room. The dealers and floor people are experienced and help ensure the games run efficiently.
South Point poker room rake
The rake at the South Point poker room is $1 each at $10, $30 and $50. There is also a promotional drop of up to $2. The first dollar is taken at $10. The second is dropped at $50.
South Point poker room FAQ
Is the South Point poker room open 24 hours a day?
Yes. There is always a game there.
What poker games are spread at South Point?
The main game is no limit Texas Hold’em. Players will usually find fixed limit Hold’em. Pot limit Omaha and mixed games are available when demand exists.
How many seats are at South Point poker tables?
Each table seats up to eight players due to having plexiglass partitions.
Does the South Point poker room spread tournaments?
Yes. There are four daily tournaments.
Are there any Omaha tournaments at South Point?
Yes. There is a $60 Omaha hi/lo tournament on Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm.
Updated: January 14, 2021